Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hurdy Gurdy Man ...

Hello Folks,


I have worked on that little puzzle from 'Phil S' ... to no avail ... he's really put me to the test this time ...


Sierra Blanca was in that sign on the shed at the 'poor clares' ... Sierra Blanca is a range of mountains in Lincoln and Otero counties here in New Mexico ...it is west of Roswell ... past Ruidoso ... Trinity Site is in Otero county ... so is White Sands ...


Not knowing what I was looking for and not knowing where I was going, I headed out of town towards Ruidoso ... I didn't get too far ... about 30 minutes into the journey I saw a sign for the Peter Hurd Museum ... his paintings were in the museum where I stepped into the multiverse .... you know, I just follow hunches so I took a left and drove down into an area just off the highway that housed his museum/gallery and 5 other guest houses ... in San Patricio ....




The gallery/museum was actually quite beautiful ... it's essentially a house with a very large open central area that has lots of light coming in through skylights and large windows at the back .... I walked around for a while and noticed that some of drawings were from WWII ...




That was interesting ... but it gets much more interesting ... noting his service during WWII, I became curious about which branch he was with ... the girls looking after the gallery didn't know ... I then asked as a joke if he ever painted a UFO ... no, they laughed .. but funny you should ask because there is a connection ... upon Hurd's return to the local area after the war, he introduced a previously unknown archaeological site to a good friend, William Curry Holden ... a site near Ruidoso ...  a professor and eminent scholar ... Mr. Holden while on an archaeological dig in the desert at this site, with his students, saw and heard something crash nearby at dusk ... the next morning ... on the 6 July 1947 ...  Holden and his students come upon a crash site ... you can read about this here ...




So now .. using the 'hide in plain sight' way of looking at this, how did Hurd know what was about to happen and why was an archaeologist needed at the sight at the time of the crash ... what was observed, removed or added from/to the sight ...




On another whim, I decided to take another spin around the gallery ... I asked the girls for the the location of all the paintings done by Hurd between 1945 and 1948 still in the gallery ... they checked their catalogue and there were only three ... I had a look at them all ... and there it was ... it was titled Cowboy at the end of Day ... done on 1 May 1947 ... before the crash ... behind the cowboy, there is a bright flash .... just in the area of Ruidoso where Holden would be ... I say that because those are the Sacramento Mountains in the background ...




It appears it's time to saddle up the black horse and go to Ruidoso ...


To quote from verse 1547 of the Krome Koan ...


' ... every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious ... if a human disagrees with you, let him live ... in a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another ... '




The Ale i.a.n. Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment