Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Last Drop ...

Hello Folks,


I made it back to Dunken last night and made my way to the shed as I had done before ... again the only person around ... as I stood there looking at the banks of computer equipment, I glanced at my watch and it said 5 July 1947 .... I was not expecting this ...'NOW' on the split screen would be 1947 ... was I standing in 1947 looking at a video screen that was in 2011 ... I walked around and my watch stayed the same ... showing the 1947 date ... would what I had in mind work ...


As I was standing there pondering this ... the systems around me powered up ... the split video screen fired up ... and what I referred to as the 'laser gun' started moving ...aiming ... I had already scouted around looking for what I needed to find ... I was ready ... but this 1947 thing had me concerned ...


On the screen split labelled 'THEN' I could clearly see the Enola Gay on it's run to Hiroshima ... the bomb bay doors open, the bomb is let loose and the Enola Gay climbs and accelerates away from the drop zone .... there is a brilliant flash ... and 12 miles away the Enola Gay is buffeted with the initial shock waves from the explosion and it's ...  gone ... only to appear in the 'NOW' split of the screen .... 


The bomb bay doors open ... as soon as I see that I pull the main breaker ... the power dips in the shed ... the dip lasts about 2-3 seconds and then the back-up power kicks in ... the Enola Gay is flying through a terrific thunderstorm ... the power dip has done it's job ... the 'laser gun' does not fire ... on the screen, the Enola Gay  drops a bomb ... I don't know if it is a multiverse version of the original .. or a second one it was carrying ... but it drops ... as soon as the bomb drops ... lightning strikes one of the plane's starboard engines ... there is an explosion ... flames engulf the cavity where the engine used to be ... 


The airplane starts to break apart ... and then just as quickly disappears ... but not all of it makes it back to 'THEN' ... a large part of the wing remains trapped in the multiverse of 1947 ... it cascades uncontrolled toward the ground ..landing in an area not too far from Corona ....


I leave the shed via the same route that I had accessed it and get to the truck ... a text comes in from 'Phil S' ... 'thank you' ... I get another text from 'Tibbets' ... the cycle is broken' .... I get a third text from 'Amelia' ... 'well done' ... apparently it has worked ... I wasn't sure going in  .. but it worked ... I glanced at my watch ... 2011 ... I started the truck and pulled out onto the highway ... where I was immediately surrounded by the military convoy that I had seen and heard tell of earlier in the week ... somewhere a black horse is running ...


(to be continued) ...


To quote from verse 2011 of the Krome Koan,


' ... modern science has been a voyage into the unknown ... with a lesson in humility waiting at every stop ... many passengers would rather have stayed home ... '




The Ale i.a.n. Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment