Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stay Away From The Light ...

Hello Folks,


After going through the Roswell Yellow Pages ... it became clear that the Motel I was looking for was ... The Crane Motel .. 1212 West 2nd Street ... 88201-2010 ... I mean there are only so many ways to hide 22/12/2012 .... X of course is the roman numeral ten ... if you take the sequence above add the two '8' and two '2's together .. and forget the '0's ... you end up with 22/12/XX12 ....


I drove over mid-afternoon and rented a room ... to see the inside of course ... if you are a fan of film noir .. you have seen motels like this in every one of them ... veneer, naugahyde and smoke burns in the worn out carpet ... 




There were two pictures on the walls .... walls whose smoke stained paper was curling back at the seams .. one was of some generic pastoral scene ... cows grazing in a large expanse of open plain ... the sun about an hour from setting ... yet the cows front lit with some intense ... almost green light ... unnatural ....




The other picture was an aerial shot of the Walker Air Force Base ... south of us by about 7 miles ... showing the Enola Gay just seconds from landing ... yes ... that Enola Gay ... of Hiroshima fame .... and yet another link back to me ... the manufacture date of the Enola Gay was 19 May 1945 ... my birthday again ... it has been quoted as the 18 May 1945 ... but the paperwork was filled out the day before delivery  ... acceptance was the 19 May 1945 ... I know ... I had read this before ...


It was quite clear that the portal I was looking for was not here at the motel but somewhere on the former air field .... 




The air field is still in use today ... part of it anyway ... but now the runways are filled with 747s and other large commercial jet aircraft waiting to be refurbished and sold ... the larger buildings now house various manufacturing and business concerns ... I drove out there just as the sun was going down ... there's a fire station at the airport ... I drove over by that and sat in the truck for a while watching small aircraft taking off and landing .... the portal would have to be in an aircraft hanger .... I have no rationale for concluding that .. somehow I just knew that would be the case ... 


As I was sitting there ... the hanger just to the west of the fire station and out of my view ... it's doors began to open ... and I say that, not seeing the doors ... but knowing that anything making that deep resonant, crowd shaking sound has to be the large doors ... 


I grabbed my camera and got out of the truck and walked to the rear of the fire station ... right to the airport runway fencing ... just as I got there ... and the sun has set know ... except for the general airport and security lighting it is dark ... all of a sudden, there is a blinding light coming from ... overhead ... to the west ... I don't know ... but it is localized and it is bright, intense ... white ... white as light can be ... I glance at my watch and it has stopped ... and within seconds it is running backwards ... slowly but it is running backwards ... 




The light is becoming more focused ... and more intense ... I realize that whatever the source of the light is ... it is getting closer ... it is moving ... down ... 


The light becomes extremely narrow in focus and then it is moving north ... towards the hanger ... no sound ... then the light is ... not gone ... but much diminished in intensity ... and I hear the doors once again .... something has entered the hanger .. and the hanger doors are closing ... I cannot see from my vantage point ...
then the light is gone ... almost like some black horse has ridden away with it ....


I walk back along the fire station wall and then out on to the road and walk to the hanger ... the office door at the front of the hanger is open ... I look around .. no one ... I pull my flashlight out and walk in ... there are papers and furniture spread across the office area ... it hasn't been occupied for years .... I make my way to the back of the office and there are double doors leading to the hanger area ... they are open ... I walk through into an expanse that would hold one ... maybe 2 747s ... the hanger is completely empty ....


I walk around the perimeter ... you know I was sure that whatever was the source of that light was in here .... I trip over something on the floor ... stumble really ... catch my balance ... it is a framed picture ...I pick it up ... something has been cut out of it ... no burned out ... it's the painting from the museum .. or one like it ...


I stand it up against the hanger wall ... and there through the opening where I used to be ... is 'Phil S' ... beckoning me to cross over .... (to be continued) ....


To quote from verse 1212 of the Krome Koan,


' ... science is not only compatible with spirituality ... it is a profound source of spirituality ...'




The Ale i.a.n. Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment